Connect with us

dc adapter question

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by spampy, Feb 23, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. spampy

    spampy Guest

    I have a XM skyfi boom box. When I ordered it, it did not come with
    the ac/dc adapter. The user manual states that it requires a 12V,
    1500mA adapter, with a unified polarity type jack. I have found a few
    websites that sell adapters, but they have a few other options. They
    have switching, regulated, positive jack, reverse jack. At this
    point, I don't know what power supply I need to get. With the info
    that the manufacturer provided, what kind of power supply would
    suffice in my situation. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. You have to find out from the manufacture. Or, you can have a tech
    take the unit apart and figure it out for you.

    Jerry G.
  3. N. Thornton

    N. Thornton Guest

    there is normally a raised diagram on the plastic case next to the
    power jack that shows which is + and which -.

    Regulated or not: ask the mfr, or buy regulated, which will be fine
    either way, but will cost more than unregulated.

    Switch mode supplies are small and light but cost more - not needed.

    Regards, NT
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day