Connect with us

datasheet for this IC

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by pharaon, Aug 29, 2019.

1. pharaon

pharaon

Oct 28, 2014
    i wonder if anyone got datasheet for this IC , also want to know if it's possible to reprogram it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i also wonder if such PIC PROGRAMMER USB SMD can reprogram it

[​IMG]

or does this one able to reprogram it K150 USB PIC Microcontroller Programmer

[​IMG]

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    This is a ST 93S56 EEPROM. A PIC programmer is imho not suitable for programming this chip. It is, however, easy to program such a chip via its serial interface from most any microcontroller (arduino, raspberry, ...). For most of them you will find ready to use libraries (e.g. for arduino here) to program such a chip.
    You will have to remove the chip from the board - otherwise you risk not being able to program the chip due to interference from other circuit parts on the pcb.

Where do you get the contents from that you want to program into the chip?

3. pharaon

pharaon

Oct 28, 2014
    it's an old car odometer board
    is there any tutorial on how to such thing , and can i do it through old pc with serial port? but how to connect it and what application can i use to reprogram it

4. Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
    Maybe this article can help you. Or Google "serial eeprom programmer".
    How do you know which contents to program? You are not trying to manipulate the odometer, are you?

5. pharaon

pharaon

Oct 28, 2014
    i'm getting it from an old odometer and will install it to another board that's why i need to reprogram it

what about MiniPRO TL866CS USB Universal Flash EEPROM Programmer

[​IMG]

or what do you think about this way to pc serial port
    [​IMG]

although i'm not sure how to manage the +5 voltage input

6. pharaon

pharaon

Oct 28, 2014
    the file from the link is m93s46-w, is it the same?

7. Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
    The file shows data for M93S46-W M93S56-W and M93S66-W. The difference is in the memory size.

reprogram it with what? new code? new data? whic code, which data? Where would you get these from?

8. pharaon

pharaon

Oct 28, 2014
    not sure yet, i'm taking it step by step, it's for my learning purposes so first i learn how to be connected and what application i use to program it , then i switch to the code part

the memory of M93S56-W is 2k bit

Ask a Question