Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Danelectro Free Speech but better

johngrit

Apr 9, 2017
Ok, I have a question and I hope you can all help. There's a guitar pedal called the Danelectro Free Speech. A self contained talk box. Play guitar and when it's not activated the guitar signal goes through as normal. When activated, the guitar signal stops and is driven through a built in speaker. Sound goes up a tube, change the shape with your mouth and this is picked up by a microphone at the top. This microphone is plugged into the pedal and that signal carries on through instead of the clean guitar signal. It's a pedal with room for improvement so I'm wondering does anyone know what the wiring for this would be? Powered by 9v with ideally a low (100mA) draw. Can post a vid of the pedal . Although I should imagine the quality won't be great.
Given I have very limited knowledge of electronics keeping things in simple terms would be great. Ideally I would like to make this with with old school wiring and less fancy chips and such. I appreciated that the circuit to power the speaker may not be. So am I right in saying that's the only bit that would need a circuit board but all the switching could be done traditionally?