Connect with us

Damaged Bipolar Diode

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by liorillusion, Jul 22, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. liorillusion

liorillusion

Jul 22, 2013
    Guys i really need your help

I took the machine to my electronics guy and he identifies the problem as follows:

The more serious problem is that he says the BIpolar diode also got damaged...he said that he tried to look for it with his usual supplier but he couldn't find it according the (Japanese) serial number on the BIpolar diode...the serial number on the BIpolar is: SC550B my question is do you know what kind of BIpolar he should look for or what is the parallel BiPolar Diode i should look for? or maybe its not diode?

maybe this one? http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/226009/BILIN/VR60.html

Thank you very much for your help!

Ive attached some pictures of the damaged component - any help will be appreciated!

BIpolar diode 1.jpg

BIpolar diode 2.jpg

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there
    welcome to the forums :)

that link took us to dozens of components
    was there one in that huge list that you were specifically considering ?

Dave

3. liorillusion

liorillusion

Jul 22, 2013
    no but some one told me this
    "Here are some you have a chance of ordering over the internet.. or getting where you are at an electronics store. They have them at the store near me. (But then i live in ye-old Silicon Valley...)

http://www.nteinc.com/specs/4900to49...nte4903_99.pdf

The #4947 has around 40v breakdown voltage, which that SC550B has in its spec."

this is like my sc550b? and you know what this the part ineed for this? maybe other?
    and i fix the url on top :)

thank you!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  4. gorgon

gorgon

Jun 6, 2011
    No you can't use that since it is unipolar. The 4947 was not listed any more, so I suppose it is obsolete.

Farnell has some good ones. P6KE43CA from either Littelfuse or Fairchild Semi, should be in your ballpark. Farnell number 1827664 or 1467628,

Ask a Question