Connect with us

DAC Channel problem.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by yugiraj, Jul 16, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. yugiraj

yugiraj

Apr 23, 2012
    Dear Friends,
    I am facing one DAC Channel problem pls give me some solutions. I am using channel 1 to 6 in DAC board. itself I giving input Ch1 to Ch5 reading currectly. but ch6 only reading divided by 10. For EX: I fed to unit 5.000VDC input of Ch6, it will reading 0.5000V. for selction of channels i am using 2 MAX. 1st max using Ch1 to Ch4. 2nd max using Ch5 to Ch8.
    That max o/p going to op-amp, op-amp o/p going to ADC. i replaced 2nd max also same problem appeared. i compared CH5 and CH6 O/P. same only showing. where i get problem pls tell some solution.

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Can you give us more info on the DAC board? Is it an IC based DAC (what is the chip number) or an R-2R ladder layout? Schematics of your circuit, basically any relavent info you have as right now it's a shot in the dark...

3. yugiraj

yugiraj

Apr 23, 2012
    Dear sir,
    I have attached circuit file FYR. I/P going to Max IC HI549A (for selection of Channels) and MAX O/P going to ADG333A switch (for selction of I/Ps). Then switch O/P going to PGA204 op-amp ( for gain selction) it O/P going to ADC IC AD977.

Attached Files:

4. mechtronics

mechtronics

Aug 7, 2011
    A0 and A1 should select the channels you require via programming. there could be something wrong in the programming for channel 6 maybe, if u r using programming.

5. yugiraj

yugiraj

Apr 23, 2012
    sir,
    If i can select CH5 means A0 & A1 values are 300mV only. tha same result is appeare in Ch6 selecting time.

yugi.

Ask a Question