Maker Pro
Maker Pro

DAB Radio ICs

johnrobert

May 14, 2012
Hi there,

I'm new, and the reason I've come on here is for a bit of advice about where to find a DAB radio receiver IC.. I don't know a great deal about electronics, but I'm toying with the idea of converting an old 70's radio into a DAB radio with the help of an arduino board.. the only problem is I can't seem to find anywhere that sells DAB ICs and I wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction?

I get the feeling that the sale of them must be restricted or something seeing as it seems so hard to find them?

If anyone knows about this sort of thing I'm basically after a super simple IC that preferably has something like channel up/down pins and analog stereo out - as cheap as possible!

I want to do it for a number of reasons, including having fun playing with ICs and making it myself so I don't really want to go down the route of just buying a cheap DAB radio unless you think it'd be easier to hack one of those up into my project?

About the project: I'm thinking about hooking up an old 70s radio to the arduino which will convert the tuning pot to a channel up/down message to a dab IC, probably going to keep it as simple as I can and use the radio's existing amp etc.

Anyway, thanks for your help!
John. :D