Connect with us

D-Link DIR-300 router

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by shagy, Oct 5, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. shagy

shagy

Oct 5, 2010
    Hello!

So last night internet and router was fine when i went to sleep.
    This morning router wasn't working anymore - at all. I can confirm that there have been no problems with power since my clock-radio is showing correct time.
    I opened the routed to check the circuit board. There was no indication of burning. So i checked if powersuply is working and it is. I connected it and connected one end of my voltmeter to ground (negative) node of power supply and went through some random nodes to see if there is current flow. I found only on place where there is no current. It is on the one side of pins of box looking thing near the connection ports.

I hope i made is somewhat clear. Any ideas if this is fixeable or should i just buy new router.

P.S. i tried reset buttons several time - no result.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    There is nothing you have told us that is really meaningful at all.

Let me give you a car analogy:

3. Tesla

Tesla

May 10, 2010
    Check the voltage on the power supply and make sure it matches what is written on it.

Connect PS, turn on router, and check the voltage again on the power connector inside the router. Sometimes, these cheap switch mode power supplies will check ok without a load, but fail with a proper load on it.

Be sure to try a "master reset" or try reflashing the router before writing it off.

If it's the PS, replace it if you have a "like one" laying around. If it's the router, I would replace it (try a different brand).

Ask a Question