Connect with us

D/A converter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by DtuStudent, Jan 8, 2012.

1. DtuStudent

DtuStudent

Jan 7, 2012
    Hi everyone. Since this is the first post I am writing here I will make a rather short introduction of myself. My name is Carsten Lorenzen, I am 22 years old and originating from Copenhagen Denmark. I am currently studying at DTU, where I study electronic engineering.

At the moment I have just recovered from a nice round of illness in the winter. What makes it even more wonderfull is that it was the whole first week of my 3 week project, which is the end mark of my first semester in my education.

Therefore I am pretty much in deep **** and have been reading as much as I can, but leading nowhere I must say.

My project is where I have to build an electricly controlled stress-oven, and here I have to use a D/A converter. I have understood the whole concept for the converter and been making calculations. I want to make a 2 bit D/A converter, that recognizes the 4 different stages of different settings. 60°, 80°,100° and 120°. Since I am making 4 settings in the interval of 0V-5V, I have to expand my D/A converter to 3bits, since 60° can't be 0V output. So I have made it like this: [​IMG]
    Where I replaced the invert OP amp, with a non invert OP amp and where V3 and V2 are the 2 input bits, that represents my choice of how hot the oven should be.

My problem now is: How do I get this all done in practic? I Simply can't see myself doing this with my available components, can you guys gimme examples, that shows how it's done? I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thank you in advance.

2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    What is the problem with building this exactly as shown?

Bob

3. DtuStudent

DtuStudent

Jan 7, 2012
    I have no problem anymore, I just had an epiphany this morning. So I did it right away in practice.

Ask a Question