Connect with us

Custom Potentiometers

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Yoa01, Feb 28, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Yoa01


    Jun 18, 2012
    Hi guys,

    So I have a need/want for a custom dual-ganged potentiometer, one being 50k the other being 25k. Does such a thing exist? Or does anyone know of a place that makes custom dual-ganged pots? Thanks.
  2. CocaCola


    Apr 7, 2012
    If you are using the larger dual pots that are composed of a stack of PC like boards see attached... You can purchase a 50K and a 25K bend the tabs that hold the stack together and do a quick and dirty board swap out, presto now you have two dual 25K&50K pots once you put them back together...

    You can use a parallel resistor as well but the taper will not be the correct any longer on that side of the pot, best to do the above if you want the ideal solution with the taper being held consistent across both pots...

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  3. shrtrnd


    Jan 15, 2010
    As CocaCola said, your dual-ganged pot is pretty common.
    For trivia, I'll mention that when I actually do need a custom pot, I've had good luck
    with Maurey Instrument Corp. 5959 W 115th St Alsip, IL 60803.
    They ain't cheap, but they're very high quality.
    Also for trivia sake, when I need a replacement transformer, I send the old unknown
    transformer to:
    Mitchell Electronics Corp. 85 W Grand St. Mount Vernon NY 10552
    They disassemble the old Xformer and build me an exact replacement.
  4. Yoa01


    Jun 18, 2012
    Well... damn. That's easy. Thanks.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day