Connect with us

Custom light

Wanted: Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by AZJohn, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Scroll to continue with content
  1. AZJohn

AZJohn

Aug 12, 2013
    Hello. I currently have and use a Quarrow 5492 70 Lumen Head Lamp for night bass fishing. It's OK, but I do not need the green light, nor the flashing white. I would love to find a clip-on light that has one high-power LED to output 70 lumens of intense white light, as well as 10 or more UV LEDs. Nothing more. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Wish I knew how to create electronics. Thank you.

2. Blackandchrome

Blackandchrome

Aug 13, 2013
    That's a rather specific request and I think you maybe asking too much since the light you have already does what you want.

One of my electronic hobbies is building high power LED flashlights. I have Maglites with Cree XM-L 10W LEDs that will put out over 1200 Lumens. I could build something like that custom but have never seen what you are wanting specifically for sale. You can clip that green LEDs off but when you cycle through into green it will appear to be off which may or may not still use a small amount of battery

Try Deal Extreme. It will take 3-6 weeks to get to you but they are the best source for random flashlights like that.

-B&C

3. AZJohn

AZJohn

Aug 12, 2013
    To be clear, I'm willing to pay a hobbist a reasonable amount to build a custom light as I've described. Thank you.

4. Blackandchrome

Blackandchrome

Aug 13, 2013
    My concern with the clip on hat type would be that it would be a shame if you lost it in the drink after having it special made. Plus most of them run on coin cell batteries which won't cut it for that much power.

If you screw off the front bezel and take some good pictures of the circuitry so that I can see what's under the hood I may be able to just disable the greens and switch it to be 2 or 3 mode white>UV>Both.

Ask a Question