Connect with us

Current Transformer

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by limecc, Sep 12, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. limecc

limecc

Sep 12, 2014
    Hi I'd appreciate a little advice regarding choice of a current transformer. I'm trying to duplicate a load sensing cable I have (which was extremely overpriced) for a friend. Ideally I would buy a Noratel TR3025S which is a 90amp device 1:300 turns and I saw these for $10 on EBay US site, unfortunately postage to UK is $178 - ridiculous! Is there a similar transformer readily available in the UK maybe it would be a different ratio but would give the same output with some external components added? Input will be 240v 0-20A.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Here you go. RS are UK based and list a heap of devices. Is there a suitable one there?

3. limecc

limecc

Sep 12, 2014
    I found this one 399-7317 but it's only 15A, the max amps will be 16 I said 20 to allow a little overhead do you think it would be OK?

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    It's hard to say. The output may lose linearity. Check the datasheet, it may have graphs extending beyond the rated maximum current.

Ask a Question