Connect with us

Current Consumption of the IC BQ24075.

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by Abhi9dan, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Abhi9dan

Abhi9dan

Sep 14, 2017
    Hello,

I cannot find the amount of current(mA) consumed by BQ24075 battery management IC by TI. The amount of current it will consume when it is connected to the battery. When it is loaded and supplying current attached to the circuit connected to it....

Link: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/bq24075-q1.pdf

Thanks.

2. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    The total supply current depends on the mode in use and is not stated as a specific overall value.

3. Abhi9dan

Abhi9dan

Sep 14, 2017
    Thanks for the reply.

I am making a power budget and would like to know, how much this IC consumes for its own operations. Is it a standard value or variable because many IC's mention how much they consume for their own operations..

Thanks again.

4. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Highlighted for your consideration.....

5. Abhi9dan

Abhi9dan

Sep 14, 2017
    Thanks for the reply,

What kind of mode are you referring to??

From what I understood I will be operating in mode 3 i.e. EN2=1, EN1=0.

Thanks

6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    the standby currents in different modes are listed in the datasheet under quiescent current

7. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    To repeat - again....

The IC has a standby current consumption as per the datasheet (quiescent current as @davenn shows above) but the power it consumes in operation will depend on the condition of the battery it is attached to.

There is NO WAY to determine this as a 'fixed value' for power consumption statistics.

Read the data sheet and understand what the device is DOING and HOW it does it.

Ask a Question