Connect with us

Cube project

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Anon_LG, Dec 9, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Anon_LG

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
    For my next project (which will be going simultaneously with my robot) I am going to develop an AI type object. A Teensy 3.1 will be used as the brain, the enclosure will be an ipod shuffle case, this is composed of polycarbonate. Pictures of the ipod case:
    IMG_1753.JPG
    IMG_1754.JPG
    The only problem may be power supply, the Teensy 3.1 requires a supply of 3.7V to 5.5V to operate, holes can be drilled in the box as it is composed of polycarbonate however I would prefer an internal supply. 9 volt batteries and AA's do not fit. Lithium Ion Coin cells would fit, these would be placed in series and may need regulating down. Tagged PCB mounting Ni-Mh batteries would also fit, potentially a safer option. These would be placed in series and in parallel. I am working only with a small space, the 8*8 matrix is what I am thinking of using for a data display, the choice is between this and this. The first, the 8*8 matrix is shown, this is known to fit, the LCD display, according to my measurements, also fits. the real deciding factor is power consumption, which would be more efficient? As well as the display I will be adding a 5 capacitive touch switches (using the adafruit model), a thermistor, and an LDR. I may add a accelerometer.

The Teensy 3.1 is arriving in a few days and any batteries should be relatively quick to get. I will upload updated pictures with the teensy within the enclosure.

Any thoughts on the project are appreciated, especially surrounding power supply.

Ian likes this.
Ask a Question