Connect with us

Crystal oscillator part number for JVC CEEM245 tuner

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Yves Rousseau, Aug 29, 2009.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Yves Rousseau

Yves Rousseau

Aug 29, 2009
    The picture and sound cut in and out randomly on the 75-ohm input of my JVC AV-31BM4 TV. I have traced the problem to be in the crystal oscillator inside the CEEM245 A03tuner (spraying “Instant cold” on the oscillator case brings back the picture and sound, but they do disappear again as the crystal warms up). The part number on the crystal is 4000 KSS-4A1T (probably a JVC number as I could not find a listing for it anywhere). Can someone provide the frequency of this crystal and/or an equivalent part number? I do not want to invest big money on this TV set as it will become obsolete next year when all TV stations go digital. I plan to keep it for the kids video games. A new tuner would cost $72.00, but cathode ray tube TV sets now go for $20.00 in yard sales.

2. nick323f

nick323f

Oct 15, 2009
    your part is most probaly manufactured by KSS who have since been purchased by AVX who are a rep for Kyocera crystals oscillator etc. I would guess that its a 4MHz part. if you are still interested in replacing this unit I can probably help?

Ask a Question