Connect with us

Crt tv power problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Strevortni, Aug 19, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Strevortni

Strevortni

Aug 19, 2018
    I have 2 crt tv's i didnt find one yet but the first one is a Vox TA2933 CRT
    The power cord has one pin longer than the other by a little bit,and they are slightly bent,i tried to plug it in and nothing happened.
    If theres a problem with the cord,is it completely safe to unscrew the part where the pins are at and check it?
    I think the problem is in there.The tv not making any noises and being completely as same as it was like unplugged further supports this claim.What do you think?

2. Kabelsalat

Kabelsalat

Jul 5, 2011
    I don't know what the plugs look like, but DO NOT OPEN THE CASE of the aparatus, as it still may contain high voltage.

3. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    How many pins on the plug? If it has three pins then one pin WILL be longer than the others - it is the earth pin.

4. dave9

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
    Your questions suggest to me that you should not be mucking around inside a CRT TV. It is unlikely the problem is just the cord unless it looks like it got ran over by a vacuum cleaner and is frayed. More likely the owner deliberately damaged the cord so nobody would try to power it up!

5. Strevortni

Strevortni

Aug 19, 2018
    Two pins

6. Strevortni

Strevortni

Aug 19, 2018
    The cord is preety damaged,its bent a lot,plus the end was sitting under a plank the tv was on.

7. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    If I understand you correctly, you're asking if you can take the power cord plug apart and look at the 'pins' in the plug connector to see if you can find a physical problem (maybe the 'pin's disconnected from the power cord wire).
    If you're not talking about opening the TV chassis (as recommended by Kabelsalat and dave9), as long as the power cord is not energized, you should be able to open just the disconnected power plug to see if it is damaged or the cable wires disconnected.
    We can't see what you see. We can only offer advice based upon what you tell us you're seeing.
    As mentioned by others here, you may have damage to the TV itself that you can't see.
    Since you question seems to be about the (disconnected) power cord plug 'pins', as long as the TV is not plugged into the wall socket, taking the plug apart to look for damage seems reasonable to me.

Ask a Question