Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Crt tv image over sized

Jake ß

Feb 1, 2018
Hello, I've recently bought a Sony Trinitron kv-27S42 at a thrift store and when I got it set up, I noticed that image from my ps1 extended far past the borders of the screen. Same thing with happens shows too. I looked for the horizontal and vertical adjustment inside the tv but all theres only picture and image. any ideas on how to fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake ß

Feb 1, 2018
Just put it on 4:3lb which fixed the shows but hasn't fixed the ps1 image still bieng streched. I'm guessing because I can only adjust my digital converter box, not the actual tv

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Think it depends on the PS1 or the programs being run.
Maybe others at PS can elaborate further but I have seen similar output from this type of thing.

FuZZ1L0G1C

Mar 25, 2014
It could be a PAL>NTSC incompatibility, or the resolutions differ between units.
Not sure if your specific model KV27S42 has H/V geometry and size adjustment pots (knobs) at the rear, as some models do, otherwise go into on-screen service menu and adjust H SIZE and V SIZE to lower values.
If you download the service manual they will explain how to access the service menu.
Depending on how old the TV is, it may not be capable of displaying the image at correct (higher) resolution.
Their US site reveals a few tips n' tricks:
https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42379/c/65,66/p/61659,61660,61938,61964/

Attachments

• ps12oldtv.png
    ps12oldtv.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 100

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
If all of the above doesn't work, adjust the depth of the yolk over the neck of the CRT tube.

Jake ß

Feb 1, 2018
The issue is solved. I'll post a very detailed awnser for anyone else with this problem. Look for a service manual with your brand of tv and model. Once you find that, you'll find a maintenance code. For example my Trinitrons maintenance code is power off, display, channel 5, volume up, power on. Once you find this code you should look for something call hsiz (horizontal size) hpos ( horizontal position) vsiz ( vertical size ) and vpos (vertical position). Hope this helps for anyone with this problem!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
The issue is solved. I'll post a very detailed awnser for anyone else with this problem. Look for a service manual with your brand of tv and model. Once you find that, you'll find a maintenance code. For example my Trinitrons maintenance code is power off, display, channel 5, volume up, power on. Once you find this code you should look for something call hsiz (horizontal size) hpos ( horizontal position) vsiz ( vertical size ) and vpos (vertical position). Hope this helps for anyone with this problem!

thanks for reporting back :)