Connect with us

CRT tv help please?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by ppprsmth45, Sep 22, 2016.

1. ppprsmth45

ppprsmth45

Sep 22, 2016
    I'm hoping someone can help me solve a problem here and I apologize if this is the wrong forum. I have two SNES consoles (one American and one Japanese version) that I've been testing with different TVs because of a controller input issue. The input issue is the shoulder buttons will activate while pressing other buttons, i.e. weapons will switch in Mega Man X while dashing or shooting. I have no input issues with any HDTVs I've tried, but I've tried 4 different CRT tvs and only 1 of them was free of this input issue. Is there anyone who can explain to me why this might be occurring and if there are any solutions to it? Thanks in advanced

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    You're saying that the button functions on the game controller change when you connect the video console to a different type of TV?

3. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    I don't KNOW, but speculate that that the old CRT TV's are analog input, and the HDTV inputs have a variety of
    additional capabilities with digital inputs. Maybe the HDTV inputs are compatible with the SNES outputs, but the CRT TV's are lacking some of the newer HDTV capabilities.
    Perhaps someone else here KNOWS what the problem is.

4. ppprsmth45

ppprsmth45

Sep 22, 2016
    That would be the case, although it's always the same exact input issue despite it being with different TVs. When I connect the consoles to an HDTV I haven't had any issues except the normal input lag, but it seems I get a multiple button input glitch on most of the CRT TVs I've tried.

5. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Wow, I cant even begin to think what would cause that.

Do you have access to other controllers and/or other consoles to check to see if they suffer from the same problem?

Ask a Question