Maker Pro
Maker Pro

CRT TV (Consumer, SONY Trinitron WEGA) color purity issue

GenPDP7

Dec 24, 2021
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum.

I've got a large CRT TV from 2005; SONY Trinitron WEGA. These are very common. Anyway, the top left corner of the screen has a little problem with color purity that doesn't go away with degaussing. I also notice in the same place a little bit of warped geometry. It's not severe, but it would be nice to fix it if it's not too hard to do. Anybody know what might be the problem?

GenPDP7

Dec 24, 2021
From one day to the next, the problem is not the same. Sometimes it's worse, sometimes better. When I went to take a picture, naturally it is the best I've seen in a long time! You can somewhat see the blue discoloration in the upper left corner on this grey ramp.

qFQjACc.jpg

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hi and welcome to EP.
I can’t say what your problem is but do know that Sony Trinitron TVs suffered from dry/cracked solder joints.
Your description that the problem changes from day to day suggests this could also be your problem.
I would carefully check all solder joints, and put pressure on larger components with a wooden spoon or drum stick (insulated).
Check electrolytic capacitors for leakage or bulging tops while you are in there.

Martin