Connect with us

CRT anode voltages

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by foTONICS, Oct 1, 2012.

1. foTONICS

foTONICS

Sep 30, 2011
    So I was going through the book (PDF) and noticed a typo. It has the anode voltages of A2 and A4 the same, to my knowledge they should be linear in terms of increasing voltages. Does anyone know what I should correct the A2 voltage as? I've attached a screenshot of it.

(taken from 'Newnes Guide to Television & Video" 4ed)

Attached Files:

2. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    Im not 100% sure but I wouldnt be surprised if they are in fact the same, if you look at the bottom A2 and A4 are connection, and I know that when working on CRT's there are 2 parts of the bell (tube) that will shock you, I have heard anywhere from 10kV to 60kV

3. Rleo6965

Rleo6965

Jan 22, 2012
    If you look closely on the diagram. A2 and A4 was connected together. A1,A2,A3 and A4 were fix dc voltage. Grid and cathode have varying voltage depends on configuration of video amplifier.

4. Merlin3189

Merlin3189

Aug 4, 2011
    As well as accelerating the electrons with a high +ve Voltage, the multiple anodes also have to focus the beam, which would otherwise diverge from the electron gun.
    They do this with curved electric fields between consecutive electrodes, which requires them to be at different Voltages, typically a variable low Voltage electrode sandwiched between two fixed high Voltage electrodes. The low Voltage is varied to adjust the focusing because a low Voltage is easier to adjust than a very high one.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
Ask a Question