Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Cross reference book

EleV^te79

Dec 4, 2014
Any suggestions for a book that cross references component part #'s ? Like diodes, capacitors ......etc ?
Thanks

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I haven't found one lately. Everybody is doing this in on-line searches these days. There are a couple of cross-references available on this site for Hewlett Packard and Tektronix part number cross-references.
A lot of people here have their own old print-versions and can help for specific part numbers. The new parts are pretty-much Google or specific manufacturer websites. (Using the mfgr logo on the component).
Besides the fact that most manufacturers are only listing part information on their own websites, to avoid the cost of print-copies; I'm finding that there are so many fly-by-night, splash-in-the-pan start up companies,
companies that merge with other companies and have their product lines altered, it's tough to find all-inclusive cross references anymore. I'd Google the part, or ask here for specific part numbers.
Maybe somebody here has a better idea or reference they know about.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
diodes, transistors and IC's would be the only thing you would cross-reference
resistors, capacitors, inductors don't need that

once upon a time there were significant C/Ref books available, these days you just google your queries