Connect with us

crimp on terminal help

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by the grizz, Feb 7, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. the grizz

the grizz

Feb 7, 2012
    I need to find replacement terminals for small gauge (18) wires. The terminals are inserted into the female side of a five-pin plastic clip connector.

Pictures are attached

Thank you for your help.

Attached Files:

2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Look like standard automobile connectors to me.
    They make insertion and extraction tools for the pins/sockets, but they're pricey.
    Where there's a will, there's a way, if you carefully slide a very narrow barrel tube of
    the right size over the (front) of the socket pins, to release the small metal tabs on two
    sides of thesocket pins, that hold it in place. (The pins will then pull out the rear)
    You'll need the correct size replacement socket (pins). Did you try an automobile parts supply store. If they don't carry them, they might know who does.
    Option two, is to take the connector with the sockets pins), to an electronics parts store,
    and they should be able to find you equivalents.
    Pricey Option three, is to get a whole new connector assembly (probably with the cable)
    from the auto dealership parts department.
    Does this help, or do you need more info?

store? If they don't carry them

3. jackorocko

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
    I don't know, but from where I come from we roll on down to the auto parts 'pick-a-part' junk yard and rip one out of a wreck. Then you just splice/solder the new one in place with a slightly longer overall wire length.

4. MeAndSteve

MeAndSteve

Jan 20, 2012
    They do look like standard weather proof style GM connectors. If you go to a good GM dealer, they normally have a huge selection of connectors, male and female. Just bring the old ones and they should have no trouble matching it up.

5. the grizz

the grizz

Feb 7, 2012
    Thanks for your replies. These pins are small 1cm L x 2mm W.
    I'll let you know what I find at GM.

Ask a Question