Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Creativity project

matin

Feb 10, 2018
Hi , I'm looking for a project to feed the fish ... It's likely that a container needs to open and close quickly for a moment. Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by a moderator:

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
This is not a project log, I therefore moved it to a new thread. As it seems to be about actuating some mechanism to feed fish, I think sensors and actuators is the appropriate sub-forum.

You need to give some more information. What exctly do you want to achieve? What do you already have (material, ideas)? Where`s the question(s)?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The key answer to this will be more mechanical than electronic. Timers are easy-peasy and available off-the-shelf.

Not sure if we can offer anything constructive that isn't already encompassed by what's out there on the market.

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
As a project, you will need ALL the parts to put it together.

Get one the flavor of your choice ----> https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=automatic+fish+feeder&opensearch=true

and dismantle it to pieces. NOW you have all parts needed, including a proper housing!, proven tested. Then put it back together after reverse engineering schematics, make blueprints, study its workings, modify to taste...
You will not beat the price ordering individual parts quantity one, finding, waiting... try and error, redesign, sweat and tears, repeat... Remember the hardest part to make is the proper housing.

matin

Feb 10, 2018
This is not a project log, I therefore moved it to a new thread. As it seems to be about actuating some mechanism to feed fish, I think sensors and actuators is the appropriate sub-forum.

You need to give some more information. What exctly do you want to achieve? What do you already have (material, ideas)? Where`s the question(s)?
Thank you so much for my guidance. My first idea was a cone tank in which a relay was connected and cut once a second for one or several seconds and a shutter door opened for a moment.

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
Or, the simplest I can think of; a helicoidal transporter A. A timed or stepper motor driven shaft B can dosify precise chosen amounts. It is like a meat grinder without the grinding end, fed by a hopper at righttopE that dumps to G.
iu

Doug3004

Sep 5, 2014
Or, the simplest I can think of; a helicoidal transporter A. A timed or stepper motor driven shaft B can dosify precise chosen amounts. It is like a meat grinder without the grinding end, fed by a hopper at righttopE that dumps to G.
I have seen a few examples of these through the years--mostly as livestock feed dispensers, but also smaller ones as pet food dispensers and--one that was the hot chocolate machine at a convenience store where I worked.

They are not difficult to build in small sizes, because you don't really need the helical screw part (it would be difficult for most people to make). You just need a *spring*.

The pet food dispensers and the hot chocolate machine both just used a stiff coil spring, with one end attached to a slow-spinning motor that spun for a few seconds to push the correct amount of (stuff) out of a bin above the screw mechanism. ...The hot chocolate machine used some kind of geared-down DC motor. A stepper motor would be a good choice for this I think, because it will have a lot of torque even at low speeds, and it kinda vibrates too which helps prevent jams.