Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Creative Gigaworks t3 2.1 speaker system repair

alan1977

Aug 19, 2013
Good afternoon, apologies, i hate signing up to forums just for info without being much of a contributor, but my electronics is fairly rudimentry
I bought a set of creative gigaworks t3 speakers via ebay, no warranty...
They were perfect for a few weeks, then after extended use they would "drop out" and then come back, with a pop, at the time i figured it was heat related and i was running them too hard, although they were'nt full volume by any means
this gradually got worse, last night i had my headphones plugged in via the speaker control knob, and even the headphones were popping in and out, so that was under pretty much low load and shouldnt be heat related
I opened them up yesterday, can see no visible damage of any sort

Apparently it is a problem with these systems which is very poor considering the retail price, and other models made by creative usffer the same issues, but i haven't found a very good idea on the internet of where to start looking

Creative aren't very helpful, i emailed them askign for schematics, repair kits or replacement PCB's, all not available from customer support, and im still waiting for access to their support forums

So i assume its the main power supply droppping in and out, just an assumption
Tonight i will take lots of photos to post, any help on resolving hte problem geatly appreciated, my electronic skills are ok in my opinion, but only have basic tools ie multimeter solder iron etc

thanks

Last edited:

alan1977

Aug 19, 2013
Last edited:

jptechnology2008

Aug 23, 2020
Good afternoon, apologies, i hate signing up to forums just for info without being much of a contributor, but my electronics is fairly rudimentry
I bought a set of creative gigaworks t3 speakers via ebay, no warranty...
They were perfect for a few weeks, then after extended use they would "drop out" and then come back, with a pop, at the time i figured it was heat related and i was running them too hard, although they were'nt full volume by any means
this gradually got worse, last night i had my headphones plugged in via the speaker control knob, and even the headphones were popping in and out, so that was under pretty much low load and shouldnt be heat related
I opened them up yesterday, can see no visible damage of any sort

Apparently it is a problem with these systems which is very poor considering the retail price, and other models made by creative usffer the same issues, but i haven't found a very good idea on the internet of where to start looking

Creative aren't very helpful, i emailed them askign for schematics, repair kits or replacement PCB's, all not available from customer support, and im still waiting for access to their support forums

So i assume its the main power supply droppping in and out, just an assumption
Tonight i will take lots of photos to post, any help on resolving hte problem geatly appreciated, my electronic skills are ok in my opinion, but only have basic tools ie multimeter solder iron etc

thanks

Hi Alan

If you want to repair it I can repair it , I have all the parts ( IC etc ) for gigaworks t3 you can contact me on my email

<SNIP>

Moderators note : removed email to avoid spam