Maker Pro
Maker Pro

creative 2.1 speaker system repair..

Janconeo

Jan 27, 2017
Can any1 pls help me out. I need to repair my damaged speaker system. The speaker is not getting power from the woofer output it seems. Can any1 pls suggest some possible causes of this and how to get it repaired?

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Not much information to work with here.
I used to repair my kid's Creative speakers for their computers. Most of the problems I had with them was
damage to the power supply sections. Secondary damage was often the power output transistors.
Do you have any electronic troubleshooting/repair skills, or is this something you don't think you can fix
by yourself with a digital multimeter and some soldering skills?

Janconeo

Jan 27, 2017
i am getting 13 v output frm transformer...
but not gttng power to the primary speaker from the woofer circuit... how to check if the problem is with the capacitor?/

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
You don't get power to your woofer unless the speaker is getting driving voltage/current.
Your meter can check AC or DC voltage. You have to select the proper voltage type when testing.
Your transformer is probably working alright.
There really aren't that many components in these speaker driving circuits.
Unless you can see actual physical damage to components (burned or destroyed parts), you have either
capacitor or semiconductor damage. (or a blown speaker itself)
Do you see any actual physical damage to any of the electronic components?
As I said, my usual suspects with my kid's speakers was semiconductor damage. Transistors or diodes.
Resistors rarely get damaged unless you can actually see burned transistors.
Frankly, you can probably replace every capacitor and semiconductor in those things for not very much
money to get it working again if you lack the skills to troubleshoot to component level.
If I were you, I'd suspect the transistors, knowing the experiences I had.