Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Creating a Portable Speaker

jakekusters

Dec 2, 2013
Howdy,

I've got some logitech speakers that I have pulled apart and I wanted to create a portable speaker setup. I have some knowledge in electronics however I'm not 100% sure as to what I need. I assume I need an amplifier, some form of power supply circuit etc. I am pretty sure it is an 8Ω speaker.

Thanks for the help :)

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
portable as in wireless? Or can it be wire-bound?

You'll need a battery (preferably rechargeable?) as a power source plus an amplifier. The amplifier can be bought as a kit. If you integrate a fixed rechargeable battery, you'll need a charging circuit, too (also available as kit or module). If you use replaceable batteries, an external separate charger can do.

For a wireless solutin you'd have to find the right wireless receiver module (probably bluetooth).

Additional voltage regulator(s) may be necessary to adapt the battery's voltage to the requirements of the module(s).

jakekusters

Dec 2, 2013
Portable only in the sense that it isn't bound to mains for power. I'd aim for rechargeable to make it less annoying.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Rechargeable:
- the easy way: provide a battery box (e.g. for AA batteries) and use externally charged cells.
- the hard way: incorporate a rechargeable battery (LiIon, LiPo, ...) into the speakers and build a charger.

I recommend the easy way :)