Connect with us

Creating a latch circuit with logic gates

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Sadlercomfort, Apr 9, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Sadlercomfort

Sadlercomfort Ash

Feb 9, 2013
    No it's an assignment, although It is a fun challenge. Otherwise I would of used a PIC microcontroller interfaced with a keypad and programmed it with assembly. Unfortunately its much more complicated than that.

2. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    Well, I suppose you have to work within the constraints imposed by your customer (or worse, your boss). Maybe you can make a pitch for the PIC microcontroller + keypad idea, and if that is acceptable, save yourself a lot of time and effort.

3. Sadlercomfort

Sadlercomfort Ash

Feb 9, 2013
    I have to use circuitwizard sadly, but I've learnt alot of the experience and feel quite close to completing my assignment.

Just need to get the bugs out. How do I make the JK's Q output, positve edge triggered rather than negative?

4. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    Try the SN54AS109A series of positive edge-triggered J-K flip-flops. See attached data sheet. Note the K input is active low while the J input is active high. That means if you tie the two together it acts like a D-type flip-flop.

Attached Files:

Ask a Question