Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Counter

RobertK

Mar 11, 2014
I am a tech and trying to figure something out. Is there a device out there where I can register a number of counts and compare to an exact same count? For example... There is a photo eye trigerring a laser, this laser, once it gets the trigger, fires. The laser when it fires, sends an output, which is not being used. I would like to compare this output with the photo eye trigger. The problem I am having is that my customer is complaining that the laser isn't firing at times and when I am there I don't see the problem, it's random. So what I would like to do is add another photo eye, have this in sync with the existing photo eye, and compare these two counters with the output of the laser. If everything works the way it should, all three counters should be exact the same, let's say after a day's production. and we are talking like over 300,000 products in a day. The output of the laser is NPN, not sure about the photo eye. Is there any device out there that would tell me any discrepancies from these three counters? Thanks.

RobertK

Mar 11, 2014
With this pulse counter, will I need 3 of them? I need to monitor three devices ( two photo eyes and a device output).

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
With this pulse counter, will I need 3 of them? I need to monitor three devices ( two photo eyes and a device output).

I guess so, otherwise how would you tell which bit didn't trigger?. You still have to look at the data sheet and make sure it will work for your situation.

Adam

RobertK

Mar 11, 2014
Oh ok. I thought I could get all three triggers in one device, somehow displaying all three counters and comparing them. Thanks.

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
You might be able to. But I would have thought it would be quite expensive. Why don't you have a quick look around?
Cheers
Adam