Connect with us

COUNTER ELECTROMOTIVE FORCE

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by phoenix4031, May 1, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. phoenix4031

phoenix4031

Apr 30, 2012
    Hello!
    I'm the new kid on the block. I hope I'm doing this the right way. OK! First things first.
    HEEEEEELLLLLLP!!!!
    My wind turbine is capable of (listed) 3.5Kw. It produces rectified DC power.
    1. Can I connect the Wind Turbine (WT) directly to an inverter? I've attempted to do so
    and as soon as I made the connection the WT started braking.
    2. Some one said something about COUNTER ELECTROMOTIVE FORCE. I'm studying
    that phenom now.
    3. How can I make the connection without the WT breaking when inverter is connected to it?
    4. Is a battery bank REALLY a requirement?
    YOUR INPUT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!:cool:

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Firstly, don't hijack other people's threads.

You probably mean "rectified AC".

Probably not. the power falls to zero at the end of each half cycle and so will the output of your inverter. Use it to charge a battery.

It will do that because you're putting a load on the turbine.

That's nice.

You can't unless you don't want to draw power from it.

You probably want something that does maximum power point tracking.

Almost certainly.

3. phoenix4031

phoenix4031

Apr 30, 2012
    Like I said, this was the first time I attempted to make contact with anybody on this site. Since there are no instructions on posting I thought I was doing it correctly. I'm glad I had this encounter with you, *steve* . You're snobbish, inconsiderate, and arrogant. Because of the way you replied I don't think I want to continue on this site.

4. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Nice... Steve took the time to actually answer your questions and you thank him like this?

May this be your next lesson... Netiquette

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    thats pretty harsh words for some one who has done everything to try and help you with your queries.
    Take a chill pill, count to 10 and try calming down a bit :)
    read the info steve gave you in the various parts of your queries, they will set you on the right path

cheers
    Dave

6. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Thanks. And welcome to Electronics Point.

I might have lectured you at length on why hijacking threads was inappropriate. However I thought that answering your questions might be more useful and left it as a simple observation.

The term "rectified DC" is either wrong or misleading. Would you prefer that I ignore it, or make an assumption (which may be wrong) and not tell you? The answers to the other questions depended on this assumption.

Your point number 2 seemed not to be a question. Perhaps you should re-frame it if it was meant as one.

I do think you should google "flies honey vinegar" though.

7. Rleo6965

Rleo6965

Jan 22, 2012
    @phoenix4031

Your the arrogant.

Look steve have 7,122 post. He will not last 100 post if he was what you said.

Ask a Question