Connect with us

Count to three

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Landofmisfittoys, Sep 17, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Landofmisfittoys

Landofmisfittoys

Sep 17, 2013
    I have a machine here at work which is a case packer. It puts 6-5lbs bags in a box And seals them. The bags of our product come down a conveyor belt. Then 2 at a time get shoved into the box. So, The air ram shoves 2. Then 2 more. with a short, half stroke of the ram. Then on the 3rd stroke which is the last 2 of bags which makes a total of 6. the ram shoves all 6 bags into the box with a full stroke of the ram. Now. Since I've worked here, this machine will not count, then reset as its and old maching with a mechanical counter which is obsolete. The maintenance person before me has tried other programmers on it which also do not work. I'm looking for relays or some sort of simple counter that will count to 3 then trigger the ram to full stroke and then reset. Any help would be mighty appreciated.

2. Laplace

Laplace

Apr 4, 2010
    What you want to do is quite simple in logic design, however the most difficult part of this design will likely be in the electrical control interface to the air ram. Do you have the specifications for the control interface? Voltage, current, pulse duration, de-bouncing? Why would the other programmers not work? Any information would be mighty appreciated.

3. Landofmisfittoys

Landofmisfittoys

Sep 17, 2013
    Originally, it didn't have a pc programable controller. The previous maintenance man gutted it and put in some off the wall controller. Then, as he knew his time here was coming to an end. Somewhat threw a wrench in it. And left it as it is. Theres no name, numbers or anything on the control. And its not working anyway. I would like to just use a digital counter that would push the ram half way as the 1st two of the six bags come in the chute. Then repeat this for the next 2 bags. Then, as the last 2 of the six bags come in, the ram would do a full stroke, to push all six bags into the box. I'm quite confident that I can do this with a counter and an on delay timer.

Ask a Question