Maker Pro
Maker Pro

could you explain these topics in brief

spk012

Nov 13, 2011
I've come across a workshop program where I got to select any of these topics. As I don't have in dept knowledge about these topics.. could you please give a brief explanation of these which will help me to choose..

1. Skill Building Workshop in Arduino – Open Source Embedded Platform:

It covers all aspects of Arduino – Open source hardware platform. Starting from the basics to how to interface with its peripherals, everything will be amalgamated into it including one project. It will be more focused towards embedded system product design which is the need of Industry.

2. Skill Building Workshop in Autonomous Robotics Design:

It covers many aspects of robotics as Wired / Wireless / Mobile / Remote / Autonomous based on AVR Robotics Platform. You will be designing many different robotics during the training.

3. Skill Building Workshop in MATLAB Software & Image Processing:

Is very important software used in all domains of engineering? Today working would almost be non-existent had this not been known to people. Here we offer the basic knowledge of MATLAB and how work with its toolboxes.

[ The above details are directly taken from the respective website. - http://www.thinnkware.com/ ]
duration: 1 week and price - Rs 3500 (Its not same for all but you can assume it as average)

With 1 week duration, what exactly they are going to cover and what can I do with this skills? (I mean would I be able to design my own projects.. [ I in sophomore year of Electronics & Communication Engineering, A passionate programmer]

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
I really don't understand your question. Did you read the course outline, have you researched what an arduino and matlab are? They spelled it out in detail on the course syllabus what will be covered, what you manage to take away from the course will dictate what you do with the skill.

If you want to know is it worth the money? Well that all depends and is much more of a personal question if anything, to be answered by yourself.

spk012

Nov 13, 2011
I'm aware of MATLAB but not arduino. As far as I read.. its an open source tool for electronics devices..

What I am trying to know is ...

As a sophomore student, at the end of workshop what will I be capable of doing if I choose (1) or (2)...

I am curious to build some robots/ RC planes on my own.. (if possible do small hardware hacking.. and all..) so which one will be best to go

Anish

Feb 5, 2011
Arduino is a opensource hardware platform. All arduino boards contain a microcontroller (mostly Atmel controllers) and the arduino board is compatible with the arduino IDE which can be downloaded from arduino website (www.arduino.cc). There are many kinds of arduino boards from which you can choose. For a beginner, I would suggest an arduino uno board. Programming the arduino board is a very very simple task. Just connect it to your pc or notebook usb port and program it from the arduino IDE. There are lots of inbuilt examples and resources in the IDE to get started. Now, think of the arduino board as a development board which you can program for your own needs(like a robot brain, lcd controller, stepper or servo controller etc). Arduino boards makes robot building much easier.. You dont need to search for the microcontroller programmers etc. Just you need the ardunio board, usb A to B cable, and arduino IDE in your PC to program it.

spk012

Nov 13, 2011
Anish: you are not getting me. Take a look at my 1st post....
There is a 1 week workshop and the course details are mentioned there, so I asking for a suggestion to choose which one

Anish

Feb 5, 2011
Anish: you are not getting me. Take a look at my 1st post....
There is a 1 week workshop and the course details are mentioned there, so I asking for a suggestion to choose which one

Ok. Go with the first(Arduino) or third(MATLAB) option if you are a complete beginner.
Arduino is the real hardware and you will work with it.
MATLAB is simulation program which will involve no hardware.

ITs now your choice. And the second choice, if you learn the arduino, robotics follows it.