Connect with us

Converting Component Video to S-Video

Discussion in 'Hobby Electronics' started by L.A.T., Jun 29, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. L.A.T.

    L.A.T. Guest

    I have a CRT TV, eight years old, which has provision for S-Video input. I
    have a Yamaha surround-sound amp which I use to switch, amongst other
    things, the video signal from DVD, STB, analogue TV and VCR. The Yamaha has
    provision for component output but not for S-Video output. Is there some
    kind of cable, bolt-on converter or such that will convert the component
    signal, with its three cables, to the single S-Video cable? The TV and the
    Yamaha both have composite (red white yellow) but I believe that S-Video
    input to the TV is perceptibly better. If I connect the DVD directly to the
    TV using S-Video, the picture is certainly better than when I connect the
    DVD directly to the TV using composite. I would appreciate your thoughts.
  2. You can get a video down-converter to do this, but they aren't that
    popular so prices are generally high, like this one:

  3. L.A.T.

    L.A.T. Guest

    Thanks for that.
    I guess the small amount of TV that I watch is not worth that much money.
  4. JA

    JA Guest

    I have bought from and they are great.
    Email them for any questions if you want.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day