Connect with us

converting a dvd recorder to record to pc

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by stobby, Oct 23, 2012.

1. stobby

stobby

Oct 23, 2012
    hello everyone, this my first post on this forum.

I am currently fixing a dvd recorder/tv tuner (broken resistor) its the type that actually records to blank dvd's and does not have a Hdd. there are two seprate boards, there is the main board where the control panel and all inputs come into then there is the other board attached to the dvd player which has 2 ribbon cables to the main board and then a cluster of power connections.

I am assuming that the ribbon cables (there double sided) are to transfer the data to the dvd player for recording.

I was wondering if it would be possible to attach the data pins of the ribbon cable to a usb controller then to a usb cable and plug it into a computer so you can record the raw video files on to a pc?:confused:

thank you
    stobby.

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Possible, maybe, but to what end and why?

If you want to record TV on the PC just get a TV tuner card for the PC, old analog ones can be had for about $10 all over Ebay, digital ones for slightly more...

3. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
Ask a Question