Connect with us

Convert Subwoofer System AC220V-240V to 110V in US

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by gritsaregood, Aug 21, 2006.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. gritsaregood

    gritsaregood Guest

    I have a small subwoofer system that is AC220V-240V, 50/60Hz. I do not
    know how many watts the system has.

    The system is stand alone, with a woofer and two tweeters, and you can
    plug an ipod directly into it for nice sound quality. It is not meant
    for use with a surround stereo system.

    I was hoping to convert the plug to US-style for 110V, but am not sure
    if I need any other converter or other interface.

    Could any one please let me know if I will blow this system if I
    convert the plug to AC110V and use it in the US?
  2. Probably won't work. Try a video store run by foreigners (East Indian or the
    like) for a step up transformer. Cycles are no problem.
  3. James Sweet

    James Sweet Guest

    What sort of power supply does it use? If it has a transformer you can
    hope it has multiple primary windings or taps, otherwise replace the
    transformer or use a stepup transformer. If it has a switchmode PSU then
    it's usually configurable with a jumper.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day