Connect with us

Convert FM wireless headphones to Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Radio and Wireless' started by JerkStore, Nov 2, 2016.

1. JerkStore

JerkStore

Oct 14, 2016
    I have a nice set of wireless headphones. The problem is they are FM wireless and I would like to convert them to Bluetooth. The headphones have a rechargeable source built in. Mostly I am looking to learn more about Bluetooth and get pointed in the right direction. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    You can buy a bluetooth audio receiver module. Just replace everything inside the headphones with the BT module, connecting it's outputs to the headphones.

Bob

davenn likes this.
  3. JerkStore

JerkStore

Oct 14, 2016
    I would like to maintain the basic operation of the headphone's tone and volume controls. I assume then that I would want to find the right spot to inject the signal from the Bluetooth module. Will impedance matching be an issue? Also, any suggestions for good schematic repositories? Thank you very much.

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    find the audio out from the FM section and install a switch so you can switch between FM and BT
    since none of us here know the circuitry inside you unit, we don't know if the vol and tone controls connect to the FM unit
    or are in between the FM unit and the speakers

you will have to open up the unit and find out

5. JerkStore

JerkStore

Oct 14, 2016
    looking to find schematic first, if possible. Then the tear down begins. I have an old 30 pin Bluetooth dongle that I'll probably use. Thanks again.

6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    good luck

Ask a Question