Connect with us

Convert "Dip" Meter to Solid State

Discussion in 'Beginner Electronics' started by Brad Petria, Oct 1, 2003.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Brad Petria

    Brad Petria Guest


    I have an Eico model 710 "Grid Dip" meter that uses a 6AF4 tube.
    I would like to replace the tube with a semi-conductor device such
    as a FET, MOSFET, etc. so I can make this battery operational.
    Alternative, does anyone know where I can buy a battery powered
    RF signal generator? Note: Ramesy or Jameco doesn't have any.

    Thanks in advance, Brad

    Tip for your old computer (reduce discard pollution too):

    If you can't sell your old computer, don't throw it away. Use it to backup
    your software by transferring files/folders from your new computer or laptop
    to it. I transferred my Windows folder and other stuff to my old computer
    using "PC Link", which I downloaded from (cool site). (info or download)
  2. tim kettring

    tim kettring Guest

    Heathkit had a battery powered RF generator .

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day