Connect with us

Controlling multiple TVs with buttons

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Drexler09, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Drexler09

Drexler09

Nov 9, 2015
    Hi all,

I'm currently working on a school project and was looking for some help.

The idea behind the project is that I'm setting up a group of TVs that will be stacked up on one another (Looking at around 5 -10 TVs). Each TV will be playing it's own footage and sound. In front of the group of TVs I wanted to create a stand with a button for each TV that controlled the sound. Once you click on a button it turns off the sound connected to the TV it's wired to, but continues to play the video. So the button is just made to turn on and off the sound of each TV. I wanted to do this with old TVs that use AV cables but I'm not exactly sure if that would be easier or harder then using HD TVs that have HDMI ports.

If someone can please help me on how I would go about this and the materials I would need to complete this project, it would be very helpful.

Thank you,

2. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Hello,
    The simplest answer is an audio mixer.
    Or do you actually want to build something?

Martin

3. GPG

GPG

Sep 18, 2015
  4. Osmium

Osmium

Jan 28, 2013
    Does the sound need to come from each TV? That is, from each individual TV's own speaker. OR Is it ok for the sound of all TVs to come from a single speaker? For the last option (single speaker), Martin's mixer solution is probably easiest. Otherwise the solution is a little more complex.

5. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Break one of the wires to the speaker on each TV and run two ends to a switch.

Bob

Ask a Question