Connect with us

Controlling dc motor and motion sensor.

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by Angel OD, Oct 26, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Angel OD

Angel OD

Oct 26, 2011
    Hi guys.

I'm a complete noob at electronics, and I've been searching far and wide to find a sollution to my problem.
    But I might be searching for the wrong things as I'm not into the whole electronics part of stuff.

I make custom watercooling and mod pc's in my spare time, and as a machinist I have that side of this
    project covered.

I'm starting a new build and this is for my girlfriend. So I wan't it to be a bit different than what I normally do.

I made a quick sketch to give an idea of what I want to acomplish.

[​IMG]

The idea is as follows:

I want to have a motion sensor that detects when I swipe my hand over it in a distance of 2-20cm, or something like that.

This will trigger the dc motor to make the slider go up.

When the slider hits Limit Switch A - It stops.

When I swipe my hand over the sensor again, I want the motor to run the other way and move the slider down until it
    hits Limit Switch B.

The 5v that is supplied by a PC Power supply fits perfectly with the motor and should supply ample torque.

I have no idea if anyone knows how to do this, and would like to help me out. :)

I probably forgot something, so if you need any extra info, just let me know!

2. OLIVE2222

OLIVE2222

Oct 2, 2011
    I suggest a design based on two of the shelf product:
    An IR barrier as used in automation
    a RC servo as used in model hobby (linear models available' s). Only fit if your application is not to "heavy"

between those items a small electronic interface. basically a servo tester alike schematic toggled by the IR barrier output.

Ask a Question