Connect with us

Control unit design for solving linear equation computing unit.

Discussion in 'Electronics Homework Help' started by prat, May 3, 2018.

1. prat

prat

May 3, 2018
    The agenda of this task is quite long and I'm trying to be as elaborate as possible. This is the exact question given to me and I do have an idea of how to go about it, but I have doubts regarding very intricate details such as bus tapping and bus width issues.

The question asks, design a digital system that computes the value of the following equation:
    f(x) = (1 + x + y + z*t) / 2.

The system is divided into the control unit and the processing unit which computes the result. The control unit and the processing unit follow a system of handshaking procedures.

My question as of now is, in the given situation is with the processing unit.
    I have used the following components and i have to simulate the same on xilinx and VHDL.
    Screenshot from 2018-05-03 22-59-49.png
    The image above is the flowchart for the processing unit to compute the expression. The image below is the schematic for the same.

Screenshot from 2018-05-03 23-12-23.png

The flow:
    1. REG T load enables and the T is loaded to the register.
    2. REG Z load enables and the Z is loaded to the register.
    3. Z and T is multiplied using shift and add method and is added to the REG R.

4.REG Y is load enabled and the value is loaded and Y is added to REG R. Which stores the value of Y + (Z * T).
    5.REG X is load enabled and the value is loaded and X is added to REG R. Which stores the values of X + Y + (Z * T).
    6.The carry in on the added is set to high to add '1' to the result in REG R. Which stores the value of 1 + X + Y + (Z * T).
    7.The bus is right shifted by wire method to divide by 2. Thus the result 1 + X + Y + (Z * T) / 2.

My Question:
    1. Is anything unclear to you as a reader?
    2. How to do i get the bus widths rite? in Xilinx while creating the schematics?
    3. What could be wrong? I need some validation for my flowchart and schematic.

Ask a Question