Connect with us

Control Car A/C unit contols

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by StealthRT, Jan 21, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. StealthRT

StealthRT

Sep 4, 2010
    Hey all i am looking to do a modification to my current A/C and heat control unit. I would like to control it via the Arduino.

Here are some images of what my a/c and heat control unit knobs look like:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All i am looking to do is be able to control them via my PC using the arduino. However, i am unsure of what i can use to either:

(1) Turn the individual 3 knobs like i would with my hand using some type of solenoid?
    (2) plug into the output? and see how i can mimic the turning via the back of the control unit pin wires. Would need help in this category with what i need in order to "listen" to what its doing every time i turn a knob.

I will be customizing a dash to house my tablet and therefore it will overlap the air control knobs so i am just looking for a better way in using them since it will be hard to get to them after i install the tablet.

Thanks for your time!

David

Ask a Question