Connect with us

contactor points

Discussion in 'Electrical Engineering' started by Randy Zimmerman, Mar 7, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. We have several contactor type switches that have burned contacts. The
    electrician tells us we have to replace the complete unit since the points
    are no longer available.
    The units are Siemens. Is there a fix or parts source that handles older
    parts in western Canada?
    TIA, Randy
  2. sQuick

    sQuick Guest

    What size contactors are we talking about ?

    With small contactors its just as easy and cost
    affective to replace the whole contactor.

    with larger contactors (> 75KW), there are several
    companies that will manufacture replacement contacts.

  3. Back in my steelmaking days we dealt with a company called "Canadian
    Contact Supply" that was exactly in the business of making renewal
    contacts for old motor control. A quick Google search gave nothing,
    though - they are either not on the Web or else are out of business (it
    was at least 6 or 7 years ago that I last dealt with them).

    There won't be anything in western Canada - market is too small and
    shipping is too easy.

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day