Connect with us

Constant voltage increment circuit

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Yogesh Baj, Sep 25, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Yogesh Baj

Yogesh Baj

Sep 25, 2017
    I am a civil engineer and hence dont know anything about electronics so please help me. I need a circuit or a device which increases voltage for -250mv to +250mv at a rate of 0.1 mv/second

2. AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
    We need more details about your question.

Are you talking about a circuit that takes in input voltage of -250 mV and translates it to an output voltage of +250 mV?

Are you talking about a circuit that produces a voltage ramp from -250 mV to +250 mV?

Something else?

If the circuit has an external input, what is that input coming from? A sensor of some type, another circuit, etc?

What does the output of the circuit do? Does it drive a motor controller, an alarm system, etc?

ak

3. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    "increases voltage ... at a rate of...." sounds like a description of a ramp to me.

My questions would be:

What starts the ramp?
    What does it do after it hits the max?
    What is the load on the output?

Bob

4. Yogesh Baj

Yogesh Baj

Sep 25, 2017
    input voltage can be any constant power supply source but the output voltage should be a increasing voltage at the rate of 1mv/sec starting from -250mV and ending at 250mV.

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    1mV / sec or 0.1mV / sec as in your first post ?

and what answers to the other questions you were asked ?

the more you help us, the easier it is for us to help you

6. Yogesh Baj

Yogesh Baj

Sep 25, 2017
    0.1mV/sec would best but is this is not possible then 1mV/sec can also work.
    Actually there are three electrodes in a conductive liquid I have to apply a voltage which increases at rate of 1mV/sec or 0.1mV/Sec (which ever possible) between 1 and 2 electrode and measure current between electrodes 2 and 3 every second. After it hits the maximum voltage the i will change one of the electrodes with another sample and repeat the same process . And so on with different samples. And by getting the voltage and current readings I have to plot certain graphs and do further calculations for my project. I have a device that can measure current so I just need a voltage source which increases as per my requirement mentioned above.

7. Yogesh Baj

Yogesh Baj

Sep 25, 2017
    Actually there are three electrodes in a conductive liquid I have to apply a voltage which increases at rate of 1mV/sec or 0.1mV/Sec (which ever possible) between 1 and 2 electrode and measure current between electrodes 2 and 3 every second. After it hits the maximum voltage the i will change one of the electrodes with another sample and repeat the same process . And so on with different samples. And by getting the voltage and current readings I have to plot certain graphs and do further calculations for my project. I have a device that can measure current so I just need a voltage source which increases as per my requirement mentioned above.

8. Yogesh Baj

Yogesh Baj

Sep 25, 2017
    I don't understand what ramp is
    After hitting max it should reset and carry out the same process but with different sample

9. AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
    Sounds like a potentiostat.

What starts the ramp? Press a button? A computer signal?

After one ramp. does the output sit at +0.250 V, return to 0 V, or what?

ak

10. Yogesh Baj

Yogesh Baj

Sep 25, 2017
    A button and after one ramp is complete at +0.250 V it returns to -0.250 V then I connect a different sample and the ramp starts again from -0.250 V after pressing the button

11. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    and what tells it to start the ramp again ?
    you will need a control process in there .... a microcontroller etc

Ask a Question