Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Connector mismatch

laurent helfer

Sep 27, 2017
Hi,
My new car have a first gen iphone connector connected to the stereo...i need a generic jack to get some music.
Jack connectic is easy at hell but when i want to find the audio signal on the iphone 1-2-3-4 connector it s a big problem! I found out some diagrams but the connector itself where cut by the last owner so i can t know wich wire go on wich pin (i only have the pin layout). I have a big white wire as well as two smaller ones (same for the blacks minus one small wire). I also have an orange a light grey and a yellow wire and finally a brown one. I get this:
Wire Color Code Other
COLOR:
CONNECT TO:
RED, ORANGE POWER, VCC, SVCC, +5V
WHITE, YELLOW P-, DATA-, SBD-
GREEN, GREY P+, DATA+, SBD+
BLACK, BLUE, BROWN GROUND, GRND, GND

It is for a usb cable but i was wondering if it could be also like this in this case? What s the audio signal in this case???the two white ones?
These wires are not connected too any speaker so no resistivity test there...do you have some multimeter tests ideas?

Thx a lot!

ramussons

Jun 10, 2014
photos....photos..... please. It will help us all a big way.

laurent helfer

Sep 27, 2017
Thx for the answer! I ll post it in a few minutes...i just realised that these connectors were used to command the ipod/iphone directly from the stereo of the car (start/stop, directory acces etc). I think it will cause a problem somewhere : maybe the stereo even acces to data as a numerical information and threat it herself? I dont think the ipod mode on the stereo could directly play a flow of analog inputs as it is the case with a direct jack connection.!?).

Is there anothere way to get a normal jack signal to my stereo other than change it (it s an expensive interior matched stereo)...i have an usb input if it could help (usb to jack wire will in my comprehension not work).

I dont want to use radio signal emetor wich sounds awfully bad.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I'm not really knowledgeable about these interfaces, but if this was me, I'd start with knowing the devices I was trying to connect. (Car wiring harnesses to radios differ with car make and model)
As someone on the outside looking in:
What is the make and model of your car?
What iPhone model do you have?
What is the make and model of your stereo?
Once these identifiers are known, schematics can be found for wiring information.

laurent helfer

Sep 27, 2017
I'm not really knowledgeable about these interfaces, but if this was me, I'd start with knowing the devices I was trying to connect. (Car wiring harnesses to radios differ with car make and model)
As someone on the outside looking in:
What is the make and model of your car?
What iPhone model do you have?
What is the make and model of your stereo?
Once these identifiers are known, schematics can be found for wiring information.
Thanks! i m not sure it will help but its a tvr chimaera 500 with an alpine cde11rm stereo.
I dont have an iphone i need to connect any device (samsung note 3 most of time) via a jack connection. The connector there that i try to swap was an first gen iphone connector.

Thx!