Connect with us

Connector identification

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by James Mainwaring, Oct 12, 2016.

1. James Mainwaring

James Mainwaring

Oct 12, 2016
    Hi,

A connector has broken on a camera board in our mirtec MV-3 AOI machine.

I have attached pictures of the connector and i am looking for someone to identify the connector. I have also attached pictures of the cable that plugs into it.

Any information will be very helpful, and shout if i haven't included something that someone would need to know.

AOI CONNECTOR 1-2.jpg AOI CONNECTOR 2-2.jpg CABLE BOTTOM -2.jpg CABLE TOP-2.jpg

2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    I don't recognize it, and some manufacturers contract for custom connectors for their equipment.
    Have you tried contacting the equipment manufacturer to see if you can get one from them, or at least a recommendation
    from them for a repair/parts vendor?

davenn likes this.
  3. James Mainwaring

James Mainwaring

Oct 12, 2016
    i'm awaiting a reply from the manufacturer, in the mean time thought someone might be able to give me a quicker answer, thanks.

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    I have never seen one like that before and has has been commented, there is a 99% probability that it was made specifically for that computer and company

5. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    As a last resort in cases like this, if I can't find a repair part, I start looking for someone selling a salvage or scrap unit (ebay or anyplace else I can find), and strip that unit for parts.
    The manufacturers have an annoying tendency to make a particular model for a short while, and then replace it with
    a newer model that has different parts that are not compatible with previous models.
    Good luck with your search.

Ask a Question