Connect with us

Connector and ribbon wire help??

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by xelif, Jan 14, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. xelif


    Jan 14, 2013
    Hi, Im looking to see if someone would help identifying the types of connectors I have in these pictures. I am looking to separate the lens and sensor part of a camcorder from the rest of the body, battery and other circuitry. The sensor and lens part has two ribbon wires extending from the underside which I would like to extend further so that it can be put on a pan/tilt system. Could anyone offer any advice as to how I could do this? Or can you buy small sections of ribbon wire like that to extend? Thanks for any help.

    Attached Files:

  2. pwdixon


    Oct 14, 2012
    It's an FFC/FPC connector, the pitch and number of connections should be determined by inspection and measurement. If you google for FFC/FPC connector you'll be on the right track.
  3. xelif


    Jan 14, 2013
    Thank you now I can make a bit of progress!
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day