Connect with us

Connecting servo controller to h-bridge

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by mikgol, Sep 3, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. mikgol

mikgol

Jul 6, 2013
    Hey guys,

I've got one of these ebay servo controllers ...

http://www.torobot.com/down/usc_en.pdf

... I'm wanting to hook up 4 of the channels to a h-bridge IC (L293), so I can use some of the channels to control 2 motors. Is this possible?

I tried just hooking up the servo singal wire directly to the L293, but the motor runs all the time.

I'm guessing I need to somehow build a circuit that translates the PWM signal - the servo controller lets you specify a range from 500 - 2500 (for the servos), so ideally this would translate to 0%-100% duty cycle for the L293.

If this isn't possible, or is too hard, then is there a simple way to make a digital on/off given a PWM signal threshold?

I hope this makes sense. Any ideas guys?

Cheers,
    Mike

2. mikgol

mikgol

Jul 6, 2013
    I was thinking perhaps feeding the pwm signal to a voltage reading IC, which sends the serial data to a serial-parallel IC, then using the bits of the IC to feed to h bridge IC. Seems abit sloppy though. Is there a simpler way?

Ask a Question