Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Connected my oscilloscope up backwards

gwfami

Sep 13, 2012
I appreciate the work you've done. But... I had already looked at the source you uploaded and its for the LG OS 9020G, not the OS 5020. Don't know why people name something wrong.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
All I can suggest is that you try to contact them directly.

Without a service manual or some pretty obvious damage, it may be hard to find the fault.

elebish

Aug 16, 2013
The batteries don't have enough voltage or current to cause damage to an oscilloscope even when connected in reverse polarity to the probe. The probe ground lead is usually connected to scope chassis ground and back to AC outlet ground (common), which is generally connected to earth ground back at the house CB panel depending on local codes. Ed.

elebish

Aug 16, 2013
Ok,
Made a noob mistake and hooked the + to the - on my oscilloscope (was using 8 1.5 AA cells in series).

The scope still seems to work, but now the display is about 1/4 the size of the original.

Looked under the hood and didn't see anything obviously blown.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

GWFAMI.
Were you ac or dc coupled at the input? What vertical attenuation were you at? Was the input in 'invert" mode? You may not have selected enough attenuation and damaged the preamp. I would suggest removing the vertical amp circuit board and bumping ohmmeter readings of the good channel against the bad channel. Ed.