Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Connect two relays in parallel from one power source to activate a pump

Spanishflyer

Mar 17, 2021
I'm totally useless in electronics and electrical matters, so I need your help to solve this matter.
Purchased two different wireless 433 mhz relays; one to act as an ON/OFF system and the other that has a programmable timer so I can activate a 12 V water pump either by starting and stopping as I wish and the other to last me 4 minutes and then stop. The pump and both relays are all powered by a single 12V battery. Problem I find is that even though one relay works like a charm, the moment I connect the other, and before I activate anything, the pump starts running without stop, till I remove the ground of one of the relays.
Searching in the web I came to this forum and saw something similar in one of the topics I can't find now, and just wanted to "use" one of the forum members drawings to show a fairly similar situation and ask for permission to use and modify his dwg. to suit my situation; the thing is I can't find it now, but hope he/she doesn't mind me using it.... Thanks anyway.
Best regards from Spain to all and hope you are all doing well in this actual pandemic : (
Let's see if someone can help me out.
Spanishflyer

Attachments

• 2 relays 1 battery 1.JPG
    2 relays 1 battery 1.JPG
    250.4 KB · Views: 16

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

You have created an or gate using the relays.
When the ON/OFF relay is activated, the timed relay will have no effect.

Bertus

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Just use the time delay relay on it's own.
The circuit is not quite right as it shows normally open push buttons which would need to be kept pressed to operate.
If these are in fact toggle switches, then the on-off would be included with the delay relay on it's own.
Assuming delay is to switch off, you do not say.

If you need to run indefinetely then wiring will need to change.
A selector switch just after the control circuit fuse which selects either delay or override should suffice.
Wiring to terminal 30 on both relays would then need to come from the battery side of this new selector.

Attachments

• relay.jpg
    relay.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Spanishflyer

Mar 17, 2021
Thanks a lot for both Bertus and Bluejets,
With regards to what you mention Bertus, my idea was to use either option, but always when the other is not active.
As for Bluejets, I believe that's the way to do it, use a selector relay first, to make both circuits independent. With regards to the two condensers K1-1 and K2-1 my guess is that I will not need them (let's better say , I have no idea what the purpose or size they are... : (
Best regards,
Spanishflyer