Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Connect to Home Phone Wirelessly

gradedcatfood

Oct 20, 2013
Hello! I had an idea for a project and i've had a tough time trying to find a solution to it and I found this forum and was hoping anyone could please help!

My goal is to be able to wirelessly activate (via a simple switch) my home phone to dial a specific number.

I've looked into bluetooth but have had no luck being that I dont know how I would go from rj11 to a bluetooth reciever....

Almost like a safety device, push a button, and connect to my home phone service to dial out a specific phone number.

Anyone have any suggestions, I know I would greatly appreciate it!

Last edited:

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
It would help to know where you are. There is a field for this in your profile.

Here in New Zealand (and also in Australia) there's a company called Uniden that makes cordless phones; they have an "emergency pendant" product that's designed for old or disabled people. Pushing the button on the pendant causes the base station to dial a list of five user-programmable numbers, and the pendant operates as a speakerphone. I'm using this for my mother and it works very nicely.

I can't say whether this would be suitable for your applicatoin because you haven't described what you want to achieve; you have just described one way that you think is the best way to implement it. You will get better help if you explain the background to your project.

Another possibility that my mother and I considered was a miniature cellphone such as the BMW key-fob cellphone. These can be programmed to dial a user-programmable number in response to a number button being held down, and they don't require a base station with exernal battery backup.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
In my previous post I said that the BMW key-fob cellphone can be programmed so that long-pressing a number button dials a preconfigured phone number. I don't actually know whether that's true; I should have said that that cellphone MAY be able to be programmed to do that.