Connect with us

Connect a cell phone headset/mic to sound card jacks?

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by john doe, Sep 4, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. john doe

    john doe Guest


    I am looking for an easy way to connect a cell phone headset/microphone
    to a sound card's speaker output and microphone input jacks. I know
    there are different types of cell phone headset/microphone plugs. I
    suppose best would be the 2.5mm (4 connector?) plug to two 1/8" mini
    plugs. Anybody know what those adapters might be called or where to buy
    them? Fly-out Graphics/ELM04A2_INFO.jpg

    Alternatively, anybody know where to find the pin out of a typical
    mobile phone headset/microphone plug?

    Thanks very much in advance.
  2. mghotier


    Jun 13, 2009
    Cell phone headset/mic to pc sound card jacks adapter

    I think this is what you need--

    Go to and search for "iPhone Heasdset adapter for Skype & Other VOIP connections F/M/M"

    I've just ordered one, so haven't used it yet. But it should work.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day