Connect with us

Confused with a contactor

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Dakota Keel, Jan 22, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Dakota Keel

Dakota Keel

Jan 22, 2016
    I have a 30qt mixer I'm trying to fix, and under the cover it has a Allen Bradley 100-C16 contactor that is hooked up very strangely to a Z-BW06 switch (also hooked up strange) as well as a ZB2-BE102 and an AT-615C timer.

I see some very obvious problems looking at it but I have a time line to get this fixed and I would really appreciate some support.

(I've looked online with no luck finding a wiring diagram for this thing, and I don't know enough about wiring to trust myself to NOT fry the $100 contactor)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2016
  2. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
    I get message saying not authorized to view attachments for some reason??
    M.

3. Ian

Ian Administrator

Aug 23, 2006
    Thanks for the heads up - I couldn't view them properly either (not sure what happened), so I edited the post to manually add them. I'm looking at the logs to see what happened :).

4. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
  5. Dakota Keel

Dakota Keel

Jan 22, 2016
    Thank you for fixing the images for me

6. Dakota Keel

Dakota Keel

Jan 22, 2016
    If you could just confirm whether or not that little grey board on top is just passing power directly through it I will draw up a diagram of how it is currently wired

7. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
    It appears to me as just a 12 row terminal strip.
    Continuity test would confirm it.
    M.

8. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    It appears to be a "special" terminal strip. Some of the adjacent terminals appear to be internally connected together: R and T; T and R; 6 and 5 reading from the top down. Note the placement of the test prod holes. Power it down (un-plug the line cord) and check continuity to be sure.

It sounds like you may be unqualified to work on this equipment.

Ask a Question